Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Wonderful Wednesday

This weeks "Wonderful Wednesday" post is about how I found out that I would have an article about my favorite Christmas gift published in VICTORIA magazine!!

I have read that magazine since 1991 when the mother of one of my son's friends showed me her copy and I fell in love. Every month when I get my magazine, I will take it with my coffee outside to my porch and browse slowly through the pages, savoring every moment. I said to my husband one day many years ago, that now I know what men feel like when they get a new issue of Sports Illustrated, or Playboy.

One morning a few weeks ago, I saw a blurb at the bottom of the page that asked if the readers had a favorite Christmas gift.  Of COURSE I did.  I have several but one always comes to mind quickly. So I went to the computer and typed out the story of my "Christmas Necklace" a homemade gift that my son bought one year at Santa's workshop at school.  I will not tell it here, but as soon as I can, I will link my blog to the page in the online version of Victoria Magazine.  Plus I will post pictures of my WONDERFUL necklace AND a picture of the page from the magazine.

No - I am not excited at ALL!!!

It was weird - I thought of all the resumes I have sent out over the past several months and I have been glued to the email waiting for someone to decide they are interested in my talents enough to call me in for an interview.  But with this letter to Victoria, I sent it off, didn't keep a copy, and forgot about it. 

But then.....

Last night I opened my email and there it was........an email from Anne!!!

Here is what it said:

Hi Elizabeth,

I just wanted to let you know that we have selected your letter about your favorite Christmas gift to appear in our upcoming Nov/Dec12 issue of Victoria. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful story with us. If you would e-mail me your mailing address, I will be happy to send you a couple of comp copies once the issue comes out. Take care, and thank you for reading Victoria!


Anne
Managing Editor
Hoffman Media


Isn't that WONDERFUL????

No comments:

Post a Comment