Sunday, January 10, 2016

It's the simple things

I have a fitbit zip that is tracking my steps and syncing them electronically to an app. On that app I log my activities and food intake. I love this convenience! What I don't appreciate though is the increase in calories the app gives me right before dinner. This is not good.

It is a mind game.

I was complaining the other night and my hubby says to me, "Well you don't have to eat those extra calories".

That is not the point. See, I need the accountibility factor of knowing I need to stay withing the 800 calories (or whatever is left after lunch) to meet my goal by the end of the day. I loved it when I wouldn't go over and it would say "Horray! You met your goal!"

On the other hand, I need to see the big red letters when I would go over my caloie count. I need to see the crossed knife and fork and the words "You went over by 431 calories!" I need to feel like I made a bad choice and that I need to step up my game! (No pun intended)

But now, I go to log my dinner and find I can eat 1759 more calories! When I am craving chocolate peanut butter ice cream from Dunkin Donuts that is only about a mile right up the road, that is NOT what I need to see.

And more important is the idea that now, to remain true to my calorie total, I am going to have to do MATH to figure out based on my morning total, whether I made it or not!

So yesterday I purposely waited to log my activities until after dinner. Right through dinner I was able to adhere to the calories alotted to me that morning. I even got a "Horray, you met your goal!

Then I added my activities and guess what? I earned another 435 calories!

Thank goodness because my hubby brought home brownies.


Sigh.......But I still managed to have leftover calories. :)

It is the little things that make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment