Saturday, January 2, 2016

Happy New Year!

It's here! 2016 is here and it is time for renewed energy and focus. I spent the last several months sick. I am tired of being sick. My husband is rehabbing his knee after a total knee replacement and having a hard time. As a result, I have made a decision to finally suck it up and get busy. It's time to work on my health again.

2012 was a great year. Reflecting on that, I realized it was because during 2012 I was recovering from the stress of working 60+ hours a week, rehabbing my knee which involved walking and exercising every day, eating healthy, training for my first 5K walk, and writing. Every day. I blogged, I journaled, and I write articles for publications. I gardened seriously. I cooked. I spent a lot of time with my granddaughter playing and having fun, viewing life through the eyes of a three year old.

I want to get back to that lifestyle. My Dad and sons would be very disappointed to learn that I was grazing my way through grief. I had lost 30 pounds training for the 5K!!! I have gained 20 of it back. :(

So today, I started my new "diet". I am feeding my body healthy foods, following the principles of the Mediterranean diet. I am taking supplements to nourish my cells. I cleared all the crap out of the pantry and have been turning down everyones leftover Christmas cookies. I dusted off the stability ball and the treadmill. I am motivated.

So motivated I have accepted a 10K Challenge. My goal is 10,000 steps per day. I also accepted a 2016 Challenge that will have me walking 2016 MILES this year. I know that is doable because that is just under 6 miles per day. 10,000 steps is about 5 miles right there.  While weightloss is inevitable with that plan, I am really doing this because I am tired of feeling crappy.

Those are my goals. I am stating them publicly so that I can be accountable to someone. Along the way, I will post my progress here. Maybe I will motivate other people to join my team!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment