Friday, April 13, 2012

My new blog

Hello!  This is my first post on my new blog!  I am calling it "Grandma's Sabbatical" because I am a grandmother who for many reasons, has been unemployed for the past 11 months and despite my newly acquired bachelor degree, has found myself looking for meaningful employment, but not finding it.  What you will read about is stories about my life with my family, balancing my desire to be the "perfect" Gaga to my granddaughter in an economic climate that demands I find a job.  

In my previous work life I was a story teller.  I shared my experiences of having children who struggled with learning challenges, attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder, depression, alcoholism, and drug addiction. I found that by sharing the struggles in my life, I helped encourage others, and that gave me some peace.  I found strength from other parents who were going through the same challenges while I offered support to them. I have many experiences I could share, but that is not my goal for this blog. Occasionally, I might bring snippets of those stories to these pages, but for the most part, I want to keep this fun. Maybe you will find yourself identifying with my experiences, some posts will make you giggle, and hopefully now and then, you will learn something that you might apply in your own life. Like learning how to be a good "Gaga".......


No comments:

Post a Comment